Eastside Baptist Church of Atlanta was constituted in 1910 at 102 Flat Shoals Avenue SE, Atlanta, GA. This is in the community called Reynoldstown in East Atlanta.
From 1919 until 1944 Eastside had many wonderful pastors minister in this location. In 1945 Eastside called Rev. Guy Rainwater to serve as pastor. Pastor Rainwater served Eastside for 37½ years.
In 1951 the church purchased property at 230 Stovall Street. On the 4th Sunday in July, 1951, the church family moved a few blocks over to 230 Stovall Street. In 1956, a three-story educational building was built.
Zion View Mission was organized by Eastside and is now an established church. A mission was begun on the Virgin Islands in 1955. The first and only Baptist church on the island was dedicated on January 26, 1964 and named the Frederiksted Baptist Church, St Croix, Virgin Islands.
In 1974, Eastside built a church, fellowship hall and parsonage on eleven beautiful acres of land at 3600 Snapfinger Road, Lithonia, GA.
Following Guy Rainwater, James Ward became the pastor of Eastside in 1984. Pastor Ward served Eastside for 17 years. During his tenure he led the church to sell the church campus on Snapfinger Road and move to Rockdale County. Eastside met temporally in a rented facility in Stockbridge while purchasing the land and building at the current location. That move was completed in 2000.
Eastside has sent out the following ministers: Rev. E. N. Ledford, Rev. Roy Smith, Rev. Joe B. Eubanks, Rev. Cary Etheridge, Rev. C. H. Simpson, Rev. Kelly Runyan, Rev. John Rainey, Rev. Mike Roper, Rev. Rob Rhew, Rev. Mike Mullins, Rev. Randy Davis, Rev. Michael Thomas and Chaplain Blair Davis. Rev. and Mrs. Paul H. Cornett have gone out as missionaries.
In 2002, Eastside called Bob Halstead as Senior Pastor. In 2012, however, Eastside transitioned from being a Senior-Pastor-led church to an Elder-Body-led church. Eastside’s current Elders are Bob Halstead, his son Caleb Halstead and Mike Martin.